Friday, October 12, 2007

Need a break

Well I just finished a 4 day week and I am so tired with still a ton of grading and lesson planning to do. On top of this, first quarter grades are due Tuesday, just a couple days from now. Oh I almost forgot, I made my girlfriend cry last night when we were out and supposed to having a good time. Looking back on the incident I can understand how she was upset but I had know idea at the time. There was no intended malice. After she told me that I was her first love, a subject that she enjoys talking about I told her that I love her also but I didn't include the first or only part. She told me that I don't need to respond with an unparallel comment. It only points out the difference between the two statements, something which she feels should have been avoided. Not realizing what she was talking about I had told her that shortly after that I loved her or something similar to illustrate that she would mirror my statement. Knowing that she would I then told that she didn't need to always respond in the like. (I am not going to read over this so it may be confusing as hell.) Frustrated with me she tried to hold back tears that eventually came. Very little conversation was made the rest of the time we were at the bar and none from the time we left to the time we went to sleep. By the way, this never happens. The not talking. I admit that sometimes I give her trouble. This time I may not have been sensitive to her feels and pointing out the fact, indirectly, that she was not my first love was totally unnecessary. I screw up again. Now I have to tell her this, right. I know the right guy would buy the flows and appologize but part of me is hesitent.

No comments: